Olá! I’m Zé Marques, a product design lead based in Lisbon.
I’m a product designer with a deep passion for crafting experiences that truly enhance people’s lives. I’m currently heading design at UNWR, a small product design studio focused on helping startups and small businesses create and grow digital experiences.
Reach out if you want to talk about design, e-commerce, distributed work, or productivity.
- Running effective 1:1’s as a design managerA 1:1 meeting consists of private discussions between two collaborators, such as a manager… Read more: Running effective 1:1’s as a design manager
- Flavors of Leadership InterviewOn April 2022 I was interviewed for an internal initiative at Automattic that focused… Read more: Flavors of Leadership Interview
- A typical day in the life of a design managerThe irony of starting a post with a title like this is that mostly… Read more: A typical day in the life of a design manager
- Affordable design != Bad designI’m a big fan of brands that offer basic and minimalistic design products like… Read more: Affordable design != Bad design
- This title will be optimized for maximum engagementMy father ran his own business for most of his professional life. I always… Read more: This title will be optimized for maximum engagement
- Learning to listenDesigners at Automattic have one common goal that is clearly stated in our creed: I… Read more: Learning to listen